Sunday, March 20, 2011

Paradox Infinatum

I have been having this thought process, circling about again and again. My whole life I have followed, the ideal of acumen of knowledge as the paramount, the only path to redemption and joy. However, I know thermodynamics, entropy; the truth that all things be moving from organized and useful to disorganized and useless...

When I look at children, they have it. The joy at every moment, the exploration, the curiosity, the smile at even their truths being shown to be blatant false. They know nothing...

I sell them skis.

I teach them how to use them and I feel a hollow rot, that I am not bettering them by influencing their knowledge, but robbing them of purebred perfection in innocence.

Please... Tell me... How do we overcome this? With little exception, knowledge, and more importantly, true knowledge brings the pain of knowing that what has been learned has passed and cannot be reattained or re-initiated.

I suppose that is the paradox, being finite. All matter has memory, even metal has grain and will flex back to where it was, in attempt to return to the past... even at inanimate. So does that mean that knowledge is nothing? Only pain?

What then is purpose, what objective are we to find in life? If we are better at birth then at death, what can be done? Reproduce? Only to bring an offspring into this dimly lit corridor which we call time and life?

No comments:

Post a Comment