Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Weird Work

Penned these three poems during work today, art is a response, and I needed to respond to the echoes in my mind and release them.

eraser, erase her

nails on a chalkboard
sad echoes from a basement
a stench rises, an angry balloon
flies upward
and red starts to boil

after the burn
a plague settles in, mirrors
appear, then break into
reflective shards
that I assemble
into a mosaic mandala

then I draw a case
and place the mandala over the
moon


when people think I'm stupid

when people think I'm stupid
I:
draw a moose
dance like a monkey
drive a car
dwell in a cave
use a microphone
untie a knot
usurp a throne
understand the cosmos
relate to Socrates
relish fine cuisine
return to the cave
rate critics

when the boardwalk burned

he turned to stone
stagnance reined
and the world was boring
street signs, billboards
echoed with industrial sonar
that broke our backs
chipped our teeth and
made us into Pillsbury
Betty Crocker’s, after that
all the shit went
down the drain
and clogged it

no drano

No comments:

Post a Comment